Pages

Monday 30 June 2014

June Film of the Month

Can you believe we are half way through 2014?
Only 6 months til we find out Ticket Stub's Film of the Year!

I've seen three films this month so let's see who will come out on top.
As always, here are my review ratings:

Poor. Why did I even bother?!
** = OK. Could have done better.
*** = Good. Recommended though don’t feel bad you don’t get to see this one.
**** = Excellent. Not quite perfect but highly recommended.
***** = Masterpiece. You’d be a fool not to see this film.

All movie titles link to their respective IMDB pages where you can find out more.

Do you agree? Let me know in the comments below or tweet @TicketStubBlog


22 Jump Street


After seeing 21 Jump Street and being pleasantly surprised at how hilarious it was, I was looking forward to seeing this sequel. Although it may not be as funny as the first, 22 still had me giggling throughout. The film was great in taking the mickey out of itself - mainly stating that the second time round is always more expensive and less funny. The bromance between Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum is as strong as ever. Stay for the end credits - plenty of laughs to be had including a brilliant cameo by Seth Rogen. Recommended comedy choice.

Rating: ***






Being a fan of the book by John Green, I was in full support of this film before it began - biased, I know! I'm thrilled that the comedy came across on screen as the book, as well as being incredibly sad, has plenty of wit. There were a few set backs though. Some of the lines are a tad too cheesy and that scene in the Anne Frank house? Terribly cringe-worthy. Despite this, the emotion of Hazel and Gus's story had me in tears, along with the whole cinema by the sounds of the sniffing. Bring tissues.

Rating: ****




Jersey Boys


Featured as Trailer Tuesday back in May, I was quite excited to see the adaptation of the Tony award winning musical. However, I was left slightly disappointed. The musical numbers, although were very good, fell slightly flat. Is it because Clint Eastwood isn't used to making a musical? It is certainly evident here. Subsequently, the film's pace dragged with unnecessary amounts of dialogue. It is only until the end credits that the pazazz I'm sure many cinema goers were hoping for comes alive. Too little, too late unfortunately.

Rating: **







So Ticket Stub's June Film of the Month is...








The Fault in Our Stars


What films have you seen this month?

Did you enjoy The Fault in Our Stars?


No comments:

Post a Comment