Pages

Saturday 11 January 2014

Soundtrack Saturday: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)

Image: superbwallpapers.com

On Thursday I ventured out to the cinema with my friends to see my first film of 2014. We chose to see The Secret Life of Walter Mitty after featuring the film as a Trailer Tuesday back in September. 

I will be doing a full review of Mitty in a new feature for this year - Ticket Stub's Film of the Month - where I shall write a short review of all the films I've seen for the month and pick the best one. I won't reveal too much of what I thought, but the biggest highlight is the soundtrack.

Many of the songs have a great driving force that makes you want to grab life by the hands. Other tracks just make you want to relax and, like Walter, let your imagination take over. Of Monsters And Men and Jose Gonzalez are the big hitters in this soundtrack. Listen out for David Bowie's Space Oddity in which Kristen Wiig sings along to (as she does in the film). Plus, there is a very cool version of the 80s classic Don't You Want Me performed by Bahamas feat. The Weather Station - think Radio 1 Live Lounge-esque. Also, Jack Johnson (remember him?) he has an adorable Pina Colada song which will brighten up your day no end.

The style of the soundtrack is predominately folky. If you like the style of Fleet Foxes, Mumford and Sons or Ben Howard then you'll love this album. I'm definitely going to put this one in the car.

Best Track? 
There are many I like - Far Away by Junip has a great running bass line but let's go for
Dirty Paws by Of Monsters and Men (as featured in the trailer below)

Available on Spotify?
Yes, though for Space Oddity - Mitty Mix you'll have to seek out on YouTube


The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is out in cinemas NOW



Have you seen The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

What did you think?

What do you make of the soundtrack?

Comment below or tweet @TicketStubBlog 

No comments:

Post a Comment